• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Owner S2 ISO introductory ride upstate NY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aviacs

Guessing this will get more attention here, but if it should be moved to FS/wanted, please do so.

Last spring about this time I bought former GP-XD, apparently well known here in previous years.
I have not flown it - needs a canopy, and a US airworthiness certificate.
Have not flown anything for some 2 years, though i incorporated & am treasurer of a club that manages a pre-war J3 & a C140; and have flown them both in the past. Do have a current Basic Medical.

I'd like to explore the idea of getting an introductory ride at least, in a flying, preferably low wing, S2 from someone not too far away who is very proficient. Perhaps ideally from an instructor who owns one. Say within 3 hours/150+/- miles my home airport, Elmira - Corning Regional / KELM. My plan is to start back in the J3 with an instructor, then get at least an introductory ride in an S2. 67 yrs, 6'0", 165 lbs.

As a separate proposition, a TW current & proficient instructor who was close enough to consider working with me in the cub to knock the rust off, leading to a biennial, would be of interest.

Considering current events (& weather!), no big rush; but it would be great to be able to start planning for summer.

e h m co fab at g male dot com

Thank you.
smt

Back