• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pete's Project~N127PZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phzabriskie

Supporting Member
History N127PZ
I am the third owner of this Sonerai project, though really the second builder. The original owner/builder was Travis S Mitchell of 801 S Maple Ellensburg, Wa 98926. He sold the project to John Bertheolete in Yakima, Washington, an A&P at Cubcrafters. John did little to the project except for paint the 1975 Zero time Revmaster engine red/blue/grey and the fuselage primer grey. He sold the project to divert his energies to building a “dune buggy”. Luckily, I got the engine and not the dune buggy. Travis had the fuselage welded entirely and on the landing gear. The engine was mounted and the cowl fitted. The piano hinges had been fabricated, attached, and worked flawlessly. The tail wheel and tail feathers were completed, and the controls for elevator, rudder, and aileron were completed and worked well. I replaced the wooden control mounting blocks with High Density Polypropylene, and all the nuts, bolts, and cotter pins with airworthy stock. The seat and floor panels were cut up traffic speed limit signs, I guess they don’t use them in Yakima Washington. I replaced them with ¼” plywood. I made a "Fred Keip" horizontal stab trim and have been working on wing spars primarily, along with collecting instruments, an HS4 SU Carb, and Sterba Prop. “Christine” N127PZ will be my wings for many years to come so I am taking my time and asking myself each day, “Did I make that part the best I can?”

Sonerai model: IIL
Engine type: Revmaster 1700cc, unknown:1 C/R,
Starter: None
Propeller: Sterba 54x48 cut to 49x48
Static RPM: unknown
Alternator: none
Instruments and avionics: Steam: Airspeed, Alt, 2-Min Turn, Rate of Climb
Date project started: Acquired March 2006
Date of first flight: TBD
Total flight time: 0 Hours

Attachments

• 100_7247.JPG