• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pneumatic Squeezer Yoke for Spars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbpace

Has anyone used a pneumatic rivet squeezer to build the wing spars? I happen to have a tandem cylinder squeezer that is strong enough to squeeze the AD5 spar rivets (the more common single cylinder CP-214 family of squeezers max out at 1/8" or AD4 rivets).

Problem is, I only have a 1-1/2" gap yoke, which is just a bit too small to get over the 1-1/2" spar flange (oh, if only it had 1/8" more!). I can get a longeron yoke or a 3" gap yoke (on sale) for about the same price right now.

I know, the arbor press is cheaper (and I got one, then, duh [smack on head] I realized this squeezer would be stong enough). But a squeezer will do a more consistent and controllable job, plus I have other uses for a larger yoke. So I just need to figure out which one is the best choice for this task.

This is a luxury tool (we all get at least one) that is probably not commonly used by S.net builders, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Any insight would be appreciated.

The Other Bill

If you got the yoke I would rent the whole tool from you to do my rivets, I am still having problems getting good set rivets with the arbor press. The press I have has play in it, plus the set piece in the bottom plate to cup the rivet head does not line up well with the rivet set. Grrrrrrr :mad:
-Pete

Pete,

It will likely be a few weeks before I move on it. Wife sez we have a cash crunch, so I have to bide my time. If you're not in a hurry, I can PM you when it comes available. I'm sure we could work something out.

Bill

wbpace said:
Pete,

It will likely be a few weeks before I move on it. Wife sez we have a cash crunch, so I have to bide my time. If you're not in a hurry, I can PM you when it comes available. I'm sure we could work something out.

Bill

Bill, weeks till it's warm in the storage unit. Sounds great!

Back