• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Progress update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Curtis

Making progress on my S-1. Pix are posted in my gallery. Workspace is in my 4 car garage although I've only been allocated one bay. I feel like I'm building a ship in a bottle. Motor is a new 1835 I had for a Nieuport 11 project. I may upgrade it after flying to see if I need more HP. Trying to keep it light with hand prop and no electrical. I have hand operated mechanical brakes, but may opt for hydraulics. I'm about ready to start covering. Wings are ready for paint. No cowl yet--I like the older style but cannot locate one, so I probably will buy a new one from Fred. Canopy and skirt finished and fitted although I may re-do the skirt in fiberglass for a tighter fit. Lamb tires with Sam James wheel pants. I will be testing VG's as I've had great results with them in the past. Looking forward to the West Coast get together. Staying current towing sailplanes in the Pawnee on the weekends.

Joe

Back