• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Purpose of "F" web

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iskyfly

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but the reality is that I don't know the answer and can't find it in the Sonerai plans nor on this forum, so I just gotta ask: What is the purpose for the angle attached to the main spar on both wings that is located between the 7th and 8th leading ribs and is marked "F" web? Have I missed something obvious? Please help! I'm on the verge of being ready to skin my wings, but don't want to cover them if I'm supposed to do something with this feature before moving on. Thanks in advance!

Even though there is not a rib at that location the angle helps strengthen the spar. There is also a shorter angle at the same location on the back side of the spar. Plans page 16 station F. Hope that is what your asking. Happy New Year, John

Yep, that makes sense! Thanks, John... Cheers and Happy New Year!

Back