• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Question for new Sonerai owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDMiller

Hello everyone I am brand new to a sonerai 2 I have just purchased, I don't have much time on tail drager and would like to here some points from you as to the quirks on ground etc. I was also wondering about a three bladed prop for it, what would be good what would be performance gain ,cost and where to get one. It has a 1632 VW 60 HP. Any advice is well appreciated. Thanks

Hello everyone I am brand new to a sonerai 2 I have just purchased, I don't have much time on tail drager and would like to here some points from you as to the quirks on ground etc. I was also wondering about a three bladed prop for it, what would be good what would be performance gain ,cost and where to get one. It has a 1632 VW 60 HP. Any advice is well appreciated. Thanks

JD. I built a Sonerai 2 from 1975-1980 and had the same engine on it, new from Monnett. A new prop wont help, you need a new engine! That 60 was ok for one person but it would not cruise over 120 mph, if that. With a 120 lb passenger, it took me 15 minutes to get to traffic pattern altitude. Almost!-) Other owners may have had better experiences with the 1600cc engine. It ran fine And i had a Warnke multi lamination (10 lams or so) prop on it. That prop was thinner and cooled the engine better than my first prop which had 4-5 laminations.

I have a complete Sonerai 2 with a 21?? On it. It needs a recover. Someone can have the whole plane for 4k. [email protected]. Iowa

Back