• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

rear spar carry through

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamerF16

can someone post some detailed pictures of the rear spar carry through and how it attaches to the spar and to the fuselage? also based on pictures I tried to find it looks like the aileron actuator bracket is also mounted to the spar carry through. will a piece of L shaped aluminum work as the carry through?

Attachments

• 4669F583-47F0-4AC0-A1DD-755889143135.jpeg
    4669F583-47F0-4AC0-A1DD-755889143135.jpeg
    841.9 KB · Views: 54
Yes, the bracket is bolted to the carry-through and yes, the carry-through is made from L1x1x1/8, 6061-T6 aluminum. But I don't have any pictures, sorry.

Ed

Check out my gallery - there's a good picture of the rear spar. Hope it helps!
thank you! did you use taper pins or bolts? I’m also having another issue, I picked up another sonerai project and hole in the rear spar tang doesn’t line up with the hole in the rear carry through, which is odd because the two main taper holes for the front carry through line up properly

Same thing happened to me. After some/much fooling around, I discovered the rear spar carry-through was installed in such a way that the wings were misaligned. Everything lines up now. Wings, ailerons, frame, carry-through, whole smash. I'm using bolts btw.

Same thing happened to me. After some/much fooling around, I discovered the rear spar carry-through was installed in such a way that the wings were misaligned. Everything lines up now. Wings, ailerons, frame, carry-through, whole smash. I'm using bolts btw.
yeah I have taper ins on the main spar and AN bolts for the rear spar attachment also

Back