• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Revflow Carb Float Adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spankyscub1

The float on my Revflow float bowl carb debonded from the float needle valve bracket. Now that I have a new float assembly it will need to be adjusted. Does anyone know what the height adjustment is for the float?

I guess I’m confused. I thought all Revflow carbs were floatless, slide valve carbs, like the Posa and AeroCarb/AeroInjector. The only slide valve carb with a float bowl that I’m aware of is the HAPI Ultracarb, which is a modified Lectron. Am I missing something?

I was confused too when I started to research this beast. It has a different set up on the end where the mixture and fuel line would usually be. Other than that it looks like a floatless Revflow. When I get back to the plane I will post pictures for entertainment and knowledge enrichment. :)

When I described it to Joe Horvath he said hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................
Then "Oh yea we did put those on briefly way back when". Thankfully He did have a float and bowl mesh in stock.

Might make it easier to hand prop the engine...less flooding and no need to race for the petcock when the engine catches. Looking forward to the photos as well.

ATB,

Chucker

And now for your viewing enjoyment
Manual description of Rev-flow Float Type Carb then picture from manual showing a different bowl mounting setup for vertical mounting of carb. Next pic are of new parts and old (note chunck of "mesh", foam that goes under bowl umbrella. Pic of bowl assembled and then installed. I asked Joe "so is this an EDVAC carb? I see EDVAC on it. He said "no we made these back in the day." By the looks of the identical casting to the Revflow I see the evolution.

Attachments

• rev 1.jpg
    rev 1.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 83
  • rev 2.jpg
    rev 2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 86
  • rev 3.jpg
    rev 3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 94
  • rev 4.jpg
    rev 4.jpg