• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rib flute / rivet spacing differences.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CdnMedic

So, I'm laying out my form blocks, and want to put the rib flutes in them so the ribs come out straighter off the block.

Looking at plan page 16, it states the rivet spacing for main ribs 2-6 is different from the rest. It looks like the rivet closest to the main spar is spaced back 1" instead of 1/2" like the rest? Assuming that they still take 15 rivets, just a slightly different spacing.
Is that due to an angle doubler on the spar in those locations? (Shown on page 13.2, stations b-f)

Hoping I can have all ribs done by the new year. Wont be much progress over the winter as I'm waiting for a new shop build in the spring. Then its fuselage time.

Back