• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rivet Squeezer advice...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jb,
Notice 3" reach so any rivets deeper from the edge than 3" will not be accessible otherwise you need a deep throat c squeeze. Driving rivets is kinda fun after you get the hang of it. It won't take much practice before you can too.

jb,
Notice 3" reach so any rivets deeper from the edge than 3" will not be accessible otherwise you need a deep throat c squeeze. Driving rivets is kinda fun after you get the hang of it. It won't take much practice before you can too.

Sorry but driving rivets isn't fun and is error prone :) I like my smileys, just not on my rivets.

By my calculations the spar webbing is only 1.5 inches and the cap strip subtracts from that. In theory, I can reach all rivets on the spar with a 3" squeezer. Thus my question, do I have flaws in my calculations?

I see this prior conversation here; https://www.sonerai.net/threads/pneumatic-squeezer-yoke-for-spars.3124/

Just double checking before I plunk down the hard cash on the tool.

--jb

Driving rivets is not difficult if you are comfortable with your tools and every rivet gun has a different feel... If you are starting out and only doing small jobs I highly recommend avoiding recoilless guns and going with a traditional rivet gun, get some scrap, drill some holes and hammer till it's comfortable. Also if you can afford it tungsten bucking bars will make it a lot easier.

Back