• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

rudder cables

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello.
I would be very grateful for some advice please
I am about to fit the rudder cables , my plans show straight length of cable , (Rudder pedals to rudder pulleys at the back)
That way they would rub the pilot body . I could move them to the sides of the fuselage through brackets and fair leads, slight bends, .or if i position under seat frame a little, bit more bends through fairleads , they would be out of the way and be ok to the rudder pulleys.
Where do other Sonerai 1 owners and builders have their cables .
Many thanks .
Steve .

I just finished reading every single news letter (available on the sonex website) and making notes.
October 1983, Jan 2009 and July 2010 news letters should help you out some!

Hello.
I would be very grateful for some advice please
I am about to fit the rudder cables , my plans show straight length of cable , (Rudder pedals to rudder pulleys at the back)
That way they would rub the pilot body . I could move them to the sides of the fuselage through brackets and fair leads, slight bends, .or if i position under seat frame a little, bit more bends through fairleads , they would be out of the way and be ok to the rudder pulleys.
Where do other Sonerai 1 owners and builders have their cables .
Many thanks .
Steve .
Just run the cables with fairleads per plans, nice and simple, works fine, no need to reinvent the wheel

My top mounted rudder pedals work well. It's not simple, but the arrangement is effective. The rudder cables are routed along the sides of the fuselage. It leaves space in the centre area under the pilot's seat free for other uses. The pilot sits in the front seat in my SII and I don't have a header tank.

1670454728446.png

Please post the drawing as an attachment so I can download it. I would install that on my SII.

Not art, just sweat, but in the end it works well. All the changes added "ballast", commonly known as extra weight, and endurance, also more commonly known as longer construction time, and the investment went up proportionally also commonly known as extra cost.

Building aircraft like a Sonerai is a great mental and physical challenge.

I had the advantage of having built a Vans RV so I used a lot of the design features of that aircraft such as the rudder pedals in my Sonerai. Van's sells a sample set of preview plans for each type for about $50. You can learn a lot from the professionals at Van's.

https://store.vansaircraft.com/rv-3-plans-manual-preview-set-preview-set-rv-3.html

Back