• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

S1 and S2 duet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaston

Hello Guys
here are a few shots of my S2L and the nice little S1 I saved from the darkness.

The new S1 Special CoA is in transit and should arrive very soon.
The new MTOW is 850#, and the CG will always be in the envelope...
with a 130# pilot, if any exists, the CG will be at 12.8'' full fuel moving to 13.5'' with 5 # in cargo zone.
when 0 fuel the CG will be at 14.0''.
with a 225# pilot the CG will range from 14.7'' to 15.5'' always with 5# luggage.
when 0 fuel, the CG will be at 16.0'' which is the aft CG limit...

all this with the commodity of a starter...

flight tests will occur as soon as the Special CoA is received...

I have yet to add a dose of TLC, and the job will be done, for now...

More to come , hopefully pretty soon

Deep and sincere thanks to My friend Tom Mitchell N3480H, for providing me with a complete Starter kit for the
project.

Gaston

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 82
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 88
You are most welcome, Gaston. What most do not know, is that Gaston has very unselfishly provided me with tons of vitally important information concerning my 2287 build (which applies to all VW aero engines). He also visited last year and taught me how to overhaul and adjust my SU HS-4 carburetors. Without this information, I may have succeeded in building an "ok" engine, but with it, I am hopeful that I can build a very strong and balanced engine which will perform well and be reliable in the long term. Gaston has also sent some valuable parts which will be used my future 1/2 VW cut case engine. I will attempt 48HP with that engine and it will use nikasil cylinders to help reduce weight. That engine will replace a Kawasaki 440 engine now in my Skylite - an Ed Fisher design which does not look like an ultralight. No doubt I will be asking for more advice from Gaston as I complete the 2287, and later with the 1/2 VW.

Tom

I now have the new CoA in my hands...

Wow, the process went very well, a lot of work and some paperwork, but simple enough in the end.

New GW 850#,no restriction, and VFR, so add lighting and a gyro and you can fly it at night...

Not sure I would...

Now ,Let's take it to the air...

Gaston

Back