• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

S1 - Inspection Cover Locations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeB

Hello,
In determining the locations for my inspection covers I decided to not only look at my old fabric (with 4 locations, two on each side of the tail), but at pics of other S1's, to determine how to configure this on the new fabric.

Jeff
- It appears that you have only two covers - both on the right side?
normal_IMG_0885.jpg

Juergen - You have a cover only at the front spar of the horizontal stabilizer?
H_Jossa04.jpg

Any feedback from you would be appreciated, if you are happy with your configuration, or wish things were different. Thanks!

I have one more on the belly about midway back. My control rod is not to planes, it has a rocker shaft in the middle that needs access. I would think you would also want that for lubricating the slipper tube on the stock system.

Jeff, are you able to access the elevator pushrod bolt at the elevator from the triangular trim panel?

My S1 had two inspection covers at the base of the vertical to access this (for a total of 6 covers).
The elevator pushrod bushing was not accessible by inspection cover, mine has a delrin bushing that had some grease slopped on it 20 years ago

Back