• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

S1 N90FV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czr7s1

Hello All! N90FV was built and finished in the early 90s by David Myers. The story is as soon as he flew off the 40hrs locally here in South Louisiana, it was loaded and raced at a few of the Formula Vee events back then. It can be seen in one of the Formula Vee YouTube videos. After a few years, the wings were pulled and it was sold to someone on the East Coast. (Think he lived in the Carolinas - may be one of you guys) Supposedly it sat until David either called about it or received a call around 2014-15. He bought it back and transported home to Lafayette. I convinced David to let me (Chris Serio) buy it from him and rebuild.

Pulled the stock 1600cc engine and cut all fabric off the fuselage to inspect, fix/change, and repaint. There was no way I could fit comfortably in the cockpit as David was sub 5' tall so started the process of raising the turtle deck and moving the rudder pedals forward for more room. Peeled the skins back on one wing and found some corrosion but they did have the spar mod. Plan to repower with a GP 2276cc, install extended gear, and possibly make use of a coaxial reduction (using a planetary gearset and driven from flywheel side of course) I'm working on with Jack Kane. (EPI, Inc.) Fuselage would have to be extended and modified similar to a S2 with firewall moved aft etc for this to work. We'll see where all this goes. A job relocation and full gut home renovation project have taken priority but the plane is stored in my enclosed trailer with wings in racks on the wall. Hoping to get back on it soon!

Attachments

• IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    8.2 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0358.JPG
    IMG_0358.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG