• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

S2L N987EB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it! Love everything, the color, the panel, the sound of the engine, the video of slow turns. I gifted my S2 project away because I had, had it 10 years and was afraid it might be 33 years to finish. Congratulations, Blue Skies, wish I was there. -PZ
PS: HITH did you get your camera to pan and zoom while you flew the aircraft?

Thanks Pete! The camera is a GoPro Max 360. It is mounted at the top of the canopy and shoots 360 video in 5.6K resolution. Shooting 360 degree video means you don't have to pick your shots - you can pick them when you post-process the video. There is a feature in GoPro's software that lets you pick "key frames" that the software automatically (and smoothly) pans to - including zoom. I literally spent two minutes editing that video. The downside of the setup is the camera seems to overheat and shuts down before I get a full flight. Have not caught a landing yet - don't necessarily want to publish that yet!

Ed, congratulations! Your plane is beautiful! Happy flying! Jon

Meaning i saw it in person vs pictures, which it also looks good in

I also saw your airplane at OSH... you did an amazing job on it!

Best I've ever seen! Thanks for bringing it to the big show. I took a lot of detail shots to use as a standard to shoot for on my build.

Attachments

• DSCF9072.JPG
    DSCF9072.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • DSCF9071.JPG
    DSCF9071.JPG
    917 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF9069.JPG
    DSCF9069.JPG
    877.1 KB · Views: 34
Back