• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sad news at Sonex...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really bad. Saw the plane at Osh while Jeremy was touting the new turbo-nice set-up. The weirdest thing is they seemed to have been killed landing when they crashed into the surplus military vehicles that someone (at EAA??) has decided to park next to the runway. For those in the group who were at Air Adventure last August, may remember the Breezy pilot killed when he hit the same vehicles in it seems exactly the same place last August, causing a fire that also seriously injured his passenger.

I didn't know them personally, but that is a horrible loss. How close are those vehicles to the runways?

i was at oshkosh last year an knew about the breezy crash, sorry about the sonex, i just ordered an oil cooler adaptor from them, good people at aero conversions

I add my condolences to the Monnett family.
FYI, The Oshkosh Corp., a major supplier of military vehicles, has their plant just off the airfield. They have dozens, maybe hundreds of vehicles stored/staged just east of the perimeter road that runs along the RWY 18/36 parallel taxiway. I don't think these vehicles are actually on the airfield or have anything to do with the EAA or the airport.
Scott

Back