• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Same canopy for II and II-S? Tinting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonfilipa

Supporting Member
Can I assume the same canopy will work for both a Sonerai II as well as a II-Stretch? I'm guessing the answer is yes but wanted to check.

Also, I like the look - and shade - of the medium smoke tint canopy from Aero Canopy. Anyone else used this tint before?

I don't think so because part of the stretch's extra length is in the front cockpit, but maybe someone else knows for sure.

Ed

I used Airplane Plastics medium smoke. They had a mold for the Sonerai II S. Still working on it, but it seems like it is going to be great.

Good to hear. I talked to Airplane Plastics last week and will likely end up doing the same. And given I live about an hour away can save on shipping costs too.

I used Airplane Plastics in 1990 for mine and at least back then they were great people to work with. Have no reason to believe that has changed.

I used Airplane Plastics last year to duplicate a canopy that had cracked -- it came back as a perfect match and was flawless.

Back