• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sb’s Sonerai 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sb2021

I received my plans yesterday, purchased from Sonex.

I got a nice flight manual, a construction manual, a wing construction manual and the drawings. The drawings are sparse compared to what I’m used to! There are several sheets of revisions included in the drawings as well.

Step 1 is to read all the materials. Step 2 is to start planning and preparing.

I do not have a heated shop, just a one car garage, so I won’t be out there for a month or so. I think I could start the wings in my basement. I’m not sure what I’ll do yet.

Attachments

• 630E21F7-897D-4054-91AB-BC3F91F1FED7.jpeg
    630E21F7-897D-4054-91AB-BC3F91F1FED7.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 22
On Barnstormers there's a half built S1 for 1800 bucks. Save yourself alot of time and pick it up. Wings are done. If I wasn't in Canada, I buy it just for the spare wings.

Thank you for the heads up, Steve! Ultimately, I’m excited to do the building so I’ll be starting from scratch. That is a screamin’ deal for someone though, good find!

Built a jigging table today with my dad! Good fast project. After the photo was taken we moved the table to the basement to start laying out the fuse side.

Also ordered a torch wielding setup and a pack of tube ends from spruce for wielding practice. Looking forward to getting started on practice joints while I cut and fit tubing. I’ll order the fuse materials this week.

The weather is improving and spirits are high!
943EA08F-EFB8-40D0-8429-3C2EA6BF30A3.jpeg

Back