• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Scott Plischke Memorial Awards Nominations Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmleff

All,

Here are the details on how to nominate and vote for the awards. Sorry about the short time frame for this but I have been totally slammed.

Nominations will stay open through Friday. Please reply to this thread with your nomination and which award you are nominating them for. No need to second a nomination to have them added to the ballot.

On Saturday morning, a blind poll (nobody can see who you vote for) will be opened for voting. Voting will close at noon on Wednesday the 30th. The winners will be announced that evening at the Sonerai Picnic. If you are attending, you will get your trophy on the spot. If you can't make it, we will ship it to you.

If you need clarification, please let us know!

Here are the official awards with their descriptions:

Number of Awards (1)
Best Overall Sonerai
This award will go to the owner of the best overall Sonerai

Number of Awards (4)
Top Contributors
These awards will go to those that are the most helpful to other members

Quantity (1)
Most Progress - Project
This award will go to the person that has made the most progress on their project. Those that may have completed and flown their plane in the last year are also eligible.

Quantity (1)
Most Improved Sonerai – Previously Flying
This award will go to the person that has made the most improvements to they previously flying Sonerai

Quantity (1)
Most Innovative Sonerai
This award will go to the person that has done the most innovative improvements to their Sonerai

Quantity (?)
Elephant Eater
These awards go to anyone who has completed and flown a Sonerai in the last 12 calendar months. If this is you, please let us know! You automatically win!

Schmleff said:
I nominate Scott Plischke for Best Overall Sonerai.

Absolutely, I'll second that!

And the 'Elephant Eater', How about Tim?
index.php

1. Fred (most longevity, longest actually flying and therefore most accomplished...i think)
2. Ed and Fred
3. Tim
4. Jeff
5. Jeff
6. Tim

Tom (N3480H) has helped me with fine machine work and encouragement.
I'd like to nominate him for a 'Top Contributor'

Nominations

Best overall: Scott
Top contributor: Gaston
Most progress: Tim
Most improved: Jeff
Most innovative: Jeff

Best Overall Sonerai
Without a doubt, Scott Plischke

Top Contributors
Gaston
Tim
Fred
Ed Schrom

Most Progress - Project
Mr. Kline

Most Improved, Previously flying
Ed Fisher

Most Innovative Sonerai
Scott Rupp, Jeff

Elephant Eater
Mr. Kline

Tom

Best Overall - Scott Plischke
Top Contributors - Ed Fisher, Fred, Gaston, Tom Hamilton
Most Progress - Jeff
Most Improved - Jeff
Most Innovative - Jeff, Scott R
Elephant Eater - Tim Kline

Best Overall - Scott Plischke (The Bench Mark)
Top Contributors - Ed Fisher, Fred, Gaston, Tom Hamilton, Ed Schrom
Most Progress - Scott Rupp, Mhflyit (Matt), Pboise
Most Improved - Gaston (S1)
Most Innovative - Jeff Lange (Turbo), Scott Rupp, (Fuel injection), Tom Hamilton, (Custom machining)
Elephant Eater - Gaston (S1)

I ate my elephant!!!!

Tim

Sorry I did not read the initial post fully before responding (I seconded a nomination...oops!) and now have made multiple posts!
I guess I got excited:)

This is a great discussion though, it's fun to look back at all everyone here has accomplished and shared with the group. Thanks to everyone for their contributions!

My final, I promise, input for nominations:
Best Overall: Scott Pilschke
Top Contributors: Raceair/Ed, SoneraiFred/Fred, Schmleff/Jeff, estrom/Ed
Most Progress-Project: Kevin R
Most Improved-Previously Flying: Gaston (for correcting/resurrecting the S1)
Most Innovative: Schmleff/Jeff
Elephant Eater: Pttim/Tim

Good luck to all of this years nominations, and again thanks to everyone for being a valued part of this group!

It seem's I had a senior moment yesterday. I mentioned Tom Hamilton what I meant was Tom Mitchell. :-\

Best Overall - Scott Plischke (The Bench Mark)
Top Contributors - Ed Fisher, Fred, Gaston, Tom Mitchell, Ed Schrom
Most Progress - Scott Rupp, Mhflyit (Matt), Pboise
Most Improved - Gaston (S1)
Most Innovative - Jeff Lange (Turbo), Scott Rupp, (Fuel injection), Tom Mitchell, (Custom machining)
Elephant Eater - Gaston (S1)

Best Overall Sonerai
Scott Plischke Fred Keip

Top Contributors

Fred Jeff Ed Fisher Tim Kline

Most Progress - Project
Tim Kline

Most Improved, Previously flying
Jeff Lange Ed Fisher

Most Innovative Sonerai
Jeff Lange Scott Rupp

Elephant Eater