• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

SI Canopy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccranford

Trying to get airbourne
Hi All

Wonder if anyone out there can help me
I had a bit of a mishap that caused damage to my canopy that now requires me to replace same :-[
I contacted Aircraft Spruce after seeing that Sonerai 1 canopies where available in thier catologue
Well it seems that AC Sruce is having trouble contacting the supplier of those canopies, so I may be out of luck there.
Does anyomne know of a reputable supplier that I could contact to have a new canopy blown?
Would sure apprecaite it if someone could point me in the right direction

Some of you have asked for a pic of my machine ....here she is..... hope I did this right......lol

Attachments

• 551221_4049281743225_28658092_n.jpg
    551221_4049281743225_28658092_n.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 92
Aircraft Plastics in Dayton Ohio should be able to do it for you. Thats where Spruce gets them. They couldn't get hold of the supplier for me either . I just picked up the phone and called them. Todds Canopies is another supplier.

Hey Pilotsailing

I found a company called Airplane Plastics in Tipp City .... is this the place (see below) you were refering to??
If not would you happen to have a contact number

(937) 669-2677
9785 Julie Ct, TIPP City, OH

Yes thats the place, I got the extra big canopy for my stretch. Becky is the lady who will take your order. Jeff owns the place and can help with tech questions. lead time is 4 to 6 weeks. I paid 895 plus shipping for mine about 2 months ago. I'm scared to drill holes in it or cut it !

pilotsailing said:
I paid 895 plus shipping for mine about 2 months ago. I'm scared to drill holes in it or cut it !

Wow, that is uber expensive and way more then I paid for mine from Todds Canopy.

ccranford was asking about a Sonerai 1 canopy. About half the size of a Sonerai 2 Canopy. I would assume it should be a lot less money. A few years ago I had a Formula one canopy blown by Airplane Plastics, it was less than 300 bucks…..Ed

some years ago, I have bought a KR1 canopy by AS : <$300 (but not yet installed..)
with best regards
Juergen

Back