• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Skye Racer Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmleff

I finally wrapped up the long list of things to get done on the thing and was able to get it in the air. The first run down the runway was a high speed taxi, which turned out to be much faster than I intended. I was wondering why it darting left and right so quickly until I looked at the airspeed and it read 85mph! Not a great idea.

The next run I intended to fly it down the runway to see how the Mikuni SBN carb would deal with the pressures under the cowl. That was much easier that trying to keep at on the ground at high speed!

All temps and pressures were within normal. I am now waiting for weather to get it into the pattern and see how it does.

Here is a video of the short flight ; )

! No longer available

Congratulations, Jeff! It sure sounds good. After all the work you put into it that's gotta feel great. Good luck with next flight.

Ed

Great job as always, Jeff. I think we all are eagerly anticipating your next flight. How happy are you with this round of mods, thus far?

Thanks for sharing that, Jeff….Been a long time comin', but it will all be worth the effort….. be safe….

So far, everything is working as planned. The cooling system is working well, but I will not have solid data until I can get some time on it. Its back in phase 1 for 5 hours. During that time I will slowly and methodically test things.

Pete in Michigan said:
Great job as always, Jeff. I think we all are eagerly anticipating your next flight. How happy are you with this round of mods, thus far?

Back