• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sonerai 1 projects/ aircraft/ interest in competition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raceair

Hi All, just a reminder that over at the 'Affordable Air Racing' pro-boards site, theres quite a bit of Supervee and Sonerai 1 activity… And soon there will be more video action to view of Formula V and Sonerais…Ed F.

Thanks to Ed and another member Dave, we now have two more great Formula V Air Racing videos to watch and keep/get us motivated! There has been a lot of activity going on in the racing community, good discussions, aircraft changing hands, and construction progress. Hopefully these videos will help push even more of that progress! Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/BDto7eMxNEg

https://youtu.be/Gn40BlcLzQo

Kevin, Our new Supervee members have been great!…Lots of enthusiasm! Maybe Supervee is coming of age. It will give you something additional to do with your Sonerai….

Thanks!! Excellent motivation. I think I'll go down in the garage and drill some more on the new spar caps.

John

Ed, maybe in the mid '90s there was a Formula V race at Clark Co. Airport in Indiana. I was able to help set up and man one of the pylons. Never forget the feeling of speed as those airplanes turned at the pylons, 89.9 degrees of bank, maybe 100 feet above our heads.

I think you may have been there, seems I remember #77 Blueberry. Was that right?

Tom H

Hi Tom…Blueberry raced at three races in Indiana…All after I sold her to Jim Vliet, and Charlie Terry was the Pilot. I was at two of them…in '93, we had a FV race at Vincennes, Indiana, and Charlie placed 6th. with #77. In '96, we raced at what was called the 'Louisville' races, but the airplanes actually flew from either Seymour or Clark County regional, and raced down by the Ohio River. #77 placed 2nd. Lastly, the grudge races at Seymour were in 1999, and #77 placed second…In 2001 Blueberry was placed in a museum.
YES…Being a Pylon judge is having the second best seat in the race….The best seat is in the cockpit….

Back