Sonerai 2 with rotax 912

Help Support Sonerai.net:

Boatparamotor.fly

Hi Sonerai community, I have searched the web and gone as far as I can into the forums and found very few people putting a Rotax 912 on the Sonerai. I am building a sonerai and putting a Rotax 912 on it I’m just wondering if anyone has any pictures or drawings of an engine mount for Rotax 912 for Sonerai? New to this, and all help is appreciated!
Thanks

Boatparamotor.fly

Hi Sonerai community, I have searched the web and gone as far as I can into the forums and found very few people putting a Rotax 912 on the Sonerai. I am building a sonerai and putting a Rotax 912 on it I’m just wondering if anyone has any pictures or drawings of an engine mount for Rotax 912 for Sonerai? New to this, and all help is appreciated!
Thanks
Yes I have seen that video
Do you know who owns the plane?

Smokyray

www.iamanet.org
There are several 912 powered S2"s in Europe, specifically Italy and a number of Jabiru versions in NZ. For pics, advice, etc you might try Nick Furmage in NZ and see if he has info via Richmond Aviation for 912 installations. RA has built 9 Sonerais with various power plants.
bigsky4394@gmail.com
V/R
Smokey

jonfilipa

I've also got a Sonerai 2LS in build (finishing welding) and am strongly considering a Rotax 912. To echo the post above any help, information and/or lessons learned regarding installing and running a 912 on a Sonerai are much appreciated :).

Arron25

VH-SGS would be most well known, with all the records locked in place

Last edited:

vhbill

You could consider using a Rotax 912 ring mount and make a non-removable connection from the ring to the airframe. The Rotax ring is designed to fit around the various bits of the engine. If you use the ring you are left with 4 points on the ring to attach using vibration insulators to the airframe.

There should be enough room between the ring and the firewall for the water reservoir, plumbing and voltage regulator. The distance between the firewall and the ring has to be calculated using the weight and balance data for the airframe, engine and propeller.

1590276609373.png

Induna

You could consider using a Rotax 912 ring mount and make a non-removable connection from the ring to the airframe. The Rotax ring is designed to fit around the various bits of the engine. If you use the ring you are left with 4 points on the ring to attach using vibration insulators to the airframe.

There should be enough room between the ring and the firewall for the water reservoir, plumbing and voltage regulator. The distance between the firewall and the ring has to be calculated using the weight and balance data for the airframe, engine and propeller.

View attachment 14922
Hi, do you have more pictures of your installation? I have a tread in the Sonerai 2 airframe discussion with pictures on how I installed mine. I installed the engine as close as I could to the firewall, just to get the airfilters to fit.

Jacques