• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sonerai 2L For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myles-dean

Well I really hate to be posting this but I need to sell my Sonerai. Need to get $10,000 Canadian for it (~$7,600 USD at today's rate)

1992 Sonerai 2L with 1835cc Aero-Vee engine.
It is 99% complete and needs some finishing test flying.
~71 hours TTSN
New Aero-injector carb this spring with ~2 hours of run time.
Slick magneto just rebuilt and new p-lead wiring installed.
No starter - hand prop only (starts on 2nd pull after prime every time).

Complete recover and repaint was completed last winter.
S-Mod completed on wings.
Currently located at CJL5 (Winnipeg, Manitoba) but will taking the wings off and moving to Stonewall, Manitoba soon.

Wanted to post here before putting on Barnstormers.

PM me if you have any questions - there are some photos in my gallery and many more available by email.

Myles

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3528.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3528.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
My hands & heart are already committed to my own 2L, but DUDE!...that is one gloriously beautiful machine you've built there!
That paint job and color scheme is off-the-hook!
I used to ride and race amateur off-road Kawasakis in Hare Scrambles & Enduros locally here in the states...so the "Kawi-Green" really catches my eye!
Good luck with your sale and I envy the chap that gets her!

Thanks so much for the compliments Shocktrooper! It really means a lot to me!
Like others, there has been a lot of sweat equity put into it and it's great to hear the nice comments.

It honestly breaks my heart to part with it but that's life.....

Cheers!

I've been keeping tabs on it, as much as I can. It's been sold many times since it left me.... went to Alberta, to British Columbia, back to Alberta, back to British Columbia and latest move was another location in British Columbia.
I turned 75 this year and need something less demanding to fly and climb out of. I'm attaching the info for my S II LS/Jabiru 3300a. engine has 50 hours since new. I am flying this summer so the hours will increase gradually.

Owner Turned 75 in May. Age is making me consider something easier to exit. Sonerai II LS low wing, stretched fuselage, Jabiru 3300 6 cylinder engine with 50 hours since new. New Setrab Oil Cooler Thermostat controlled. New fabric/silver paint in 2022. New landing gear in 2022. The engine produces 127 hp at 3300 rpm and 200 mph. Electric Stabilizer trim and elevator trim At 70 mph it climbs at 1500 +fpm. I’m operating it out of a 2200’ turf runway. It takes off in 800’ . This is flown with 2 fingers and 2 toes. Full span ailerons. It’s built as a racer and aerobat. Engine is 10:1 compression. New battery, new starter. It accommodates 2 six foot 5 and 200 lbs pilots in tandom. Fuel burn is 21 L/hr. Main and Aux tank 50 liters. I’ve got $34,000 CDN invested. I need $16000 US or $22,000 CDN at sale or I’ll fly it myself. Note: This is not for beginners. You need to be able to fly. I will demonstrate the aircraft in flight to a new owner and show you how to land.

Attachments

• 20220830_165358[1].jpg
    20220830_165358[1].jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Resized_20220902_1250391.jpg
    Resized_20220902_1250391.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 0
Back