Sonerai 2L refurbishment

Help Support Sonerai.net:

Induna

I will try to repost some of the pictures. Currently I am completing my new cowl. This has been a mammoth task so far, but I am slowly getting it done. Our national lockdown has put a lot of restrains to try and source materials and consumables, as we had a complete lockdown, including the sale of anything that are not deemed essential (including alcohol and tobacco products)

spankyscub

"complete lockdown, including the sale of anything that are not deemed essential (including alcohol and tobacco products)"
No BEER? how do you get anything done :-(

Bil438

I'm in the same boat. Ran out of epoxy resin again for my new cowling (jabiru 3300 engine). I have 2 layers of cloth applied and 1 layer to go. I used beeswax 1/32 sheet from freeman to smooth out the mold and provide easy removal from the mold.
Bill E
I will try to repost some of the pictures. Currently I am completing my new cowl. This has been a mammoth task so far, but I am slowly getting it done. Our national lockdown has put a lot of restrains to try and source materials and consumables, as we had a complete lockdown, including the sale of anything that are not deemed essential (including alcohol and tobacco products)

Induna

I am uploading some pics here as well.

These are pictures from the stripping process, some mods and recovering. I have also redone the panel and added some MGL glass. Once the project is done I will post before & after pics.

Attachments

Induna

Old cowling mods to make new plug. I wanted to retain some of the classic sonerai looks, but also make something different. I wanted to have a kind of "turbine look", so I opted for this shape...

Attachments