• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sonerai I construction sequence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maurovecchi

Hi guys, just received my set of plans 2 days ago.
I haven't done a deep dive yet, but I was positively impressed by Fred's step by step instructions that can be found in the construction manual.
I did a quick search here but I couldn't find an answer to this question: what's the best sequence of construction? Wings first then fuselage or the other way around and why?
I was also wondering if one could do away with the reinforcement slots that need to be stamped on each rib, the original plans don't seem to mention them?
I will be checking the material list and start to look for material quotes around Sydney soon. Wish me luck.
Regards,
Mauro.

Mauro,

Build sequence is your choice. I'd say build whatever gets you excited and involved. If space is an issue you can start with the wing ribs. For the fuselage you'll need a construction bench 16.5 feet long. Concerning the rib question, build them just like the plans. Take it one step at a time and enjoy the building experience!

Larry

Thanks, Larry

Mauro,

Build sequence is your choice. I'd say build whatever gets you excited and involved. If space is an issue you can start with the wing ribs. For the fuselage you'll need a construction bench 16.5 feet long. Concerning the rib question, build them just like the plans. Take it one step at a time and enjoy the building experience!

Larry

Back