• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sonerai II Brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bil4381

My SII has 400 hrs since 1994. With the J3300 engine I'd like more braking than the brakes originally installed but not enough to pull the tailwheel into the air. Have any of you got better brakes?
BillE

Depends, what've you got? I have the Cleveland 30-9 brake set on the Clevelan 5" wheels. Plenty of stopping power. I try to use them as little as possible. Mostly its when the jackwagon behind me on final isn't paying attention, and I need to land fast and still make the first turn off to clear the glider ops.

Back