• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sonerai II completion help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbo1

Need to visit with anyone in the Tomball, TX or greater Houston area. I was given a partial assembled Sonerai II and need some expert advise on how to complete. Engine, rudder, elevators and wings (few rivers needed), flaps complete.

Hi Jimbo
I live just south of Conroe and fly Cessnas out of KDWH. My Sonerai IIL is nearing completion after acquiring my project about 6 years ago. Some of the best resources are this forum and the Sonerai newsletters (Hopefully Fred still sells them on CD). Let's hope that with Sonex getting back in the Sonerai game that they'll be a source of technical expertise and parts.

Feel free to PM me - I'll be happy to share what I've learned. You can come to my place and "inspect" my airplane or can come to you - I've built a 24' enclosed trailer for her (for the year I finally make the journey to Oshkosh - hopefully this year!) Keep in mind she's not registered nor inspected yet - I have no idea whether she'll fly - but she sure looks good, if I say so myself. I drew great inspiration from Scott Plischke's craftsmanship (N994SP) and the active input from all of the forum members and especially Fred Keip.

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_4771.JPG
    IMG_4771.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 100
It would be fun to do group completion get together like a 3 day weekend at someone’s hangar house. There a lot of unfinished Sonerai projects around. All the car guys are into that kind of thing and I think it could work here.

I agree with DeadRinger - it would be fun to get together - but we seem pretty spread out but I could travel some with the trailer.

Responding to JoeMartin - I had pretty good access to technical expertise in Fresno but have not re-established my connections here in Texas. Plan to fix that.

Hi Jimbo
I live just south of Conroe and fly Cessnas out of KDWH. My Sonerai IIL is nearing completion after acquiring my project about 6 years ago. Some of the best resources are this forum and the Sonerai newsletters (Hopefully Fred still sells them on CD). Let's hope that with Sonex getting back in the Sonerai game that they'll be a source of technical expertise and parts.

Feel free to PM me - I'll be happy to share what I've learned. You can come to my place and "inspect" my airplane or can come to you - I've built a 24' enclosed trailer for her (for the year I finally make the journey to Oshkosh - hopefully this year!) Keep in mind she's not registered nor inspected yet - I have no idea whether she'll fly - but she sure looks good, if I say so myself. I drew great inspiration from Scott Plischke's craftsmanship (N994SP) and the active input from all of the forum members and especially Fred Keip.

Ed

Hi Ed,
Thank you so much for your reply, greatly appreciated. You Sonerai IIL looks great. Small world, I live in Tomball and about 4 miles from Hooks. My grandson is a flight instructor at America Flyers at Hooks.
I would like to see your airplane and if possible you come over and take a look at mine.
My cell number is 713-416-9574, and my name is Tim Mulville.

Back