• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sonerai IIL price?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. Metcalfe

I have a Sonerai IIL that has about 365 hours on it. 1850cc Aerovee, has a 12v coil pack, but no electric start. Exterior is alright but it is probably 4/10 attractive (lol) and needs a livery update. The interior is clean but extremely bare. Has Hydraulic disk brakes. Would it make the aircraft more desirable or attractive to potential buyers if I made it ADS-B compliant with an independent system and battery or is that something nobody really cares about yet?

Last edited:
In my humble opinion, adding ADS-B out might increase the value a little, but not more than the cost to install it. If someone needs to have it, he can install it after he buys the airplane.
I agree with you. There is a large flight school in my area, so I am considering installing it for my own safety as well as being able to fly into class D without calling ahead. I guess my question wasn't worded properly. Would adding the system increase the desirability of the aircraft in any way when/if I sell it?

First of all, you don’t need ADS-B out to go into class D airspace, only A, B, and C. Having ADS-B out certainly won’t detract from the value, particularly for anyone who has to have it to fly from his home airport.

First of all, you don’t need ADS-B out to go into class D airspace, only A, B, and C. Having ADS-B out certainly won’t detract from the value, particularly for anyone who has to have it to fly from his home airport.
Don't you have to call ahead at least one hour prior to arrival or departure if it is class D? That was my understanding, but I may be mistaken.

In my specific case I would feel a lot more comfortable being visible to other pilots, especially being so close to a busy flight school. Lots of glass cockpits and potentially less eyes looking for traffic outside of the cockpit.

4SP doesn't even have a transponder. I've regularly been in and out of Class D, no phone call, no
problem.
I was mistaken. The previous comment had a link that cleared it up for me. The main reason is visibility to other pilots.

Back