Sonerai IIL project for sale.

Help Support Sonerai.net:

dbss1234

SONERAI IIL Plans built project- For Sale $5,000 - I purchased this Sonerai IIL project several years ago with the intention of completing it, as so often happens plans change and life changes so I am willing to pass it on in the hope it gets completed. I would guess it is 75-80% done (excellent winter project and fly come spring). What is nice is it not covered so the fuselage can be inspected before covering (covering fabric is not included). The metal wings are done with the pre-close inspection signed off. The VW engine is complete, turns freely, and mounted (should be inspected due to the long storage). Cowling needs final fitting, elevator needs the hinge tubes relocated (they are just in the wrong place on the LH side) and the ailerons need to be completed. Included are the original Monnett plans and flight booklets, back issues of the Sonerai news letters, along with all receipts and the builders log.
Contact: Dale Jacobson, 507-451-9264 leave message, located Owatonna, MN
106_2756.JPG

Attachments

freeinhim

Sonerai 2L with 2180. N747VG was built by Victor Giles
who bought the kit 7/79 and finished it May 1984. It is on his trailer which he transported the Sonerai back and forth between New York and Sebring Florida in the winter. Trailer is sold with the aircraft. Every flight was logged including the Outside Air Temp, Flight number, Cylinder head temp, oil temp, and oil pressure. Victor flew this a/c 5,719 times! WoW! Every one logged. His last flight was 2/08. I have all the log books (flight logs, engine log, and airframe log). Engine 100% rebuilt with new case, new forged 82mm crankshaft, and new about everything. Engine has approx. 266 hrs on it and the airframe 1063. The previous owner did not fly it ?? (little hefty) very much and installed a new Zenith carb on it. That is where his lack of finish work on the lower cowl for cooling and the A&P who signed off the a/c and my ignorance came into play. I flew it twice at Avon Park (after I bought it) and it was not developing the power (rpm was 1650) and CHT was hot. I did not catch the problem soon enough and relied on their expertise. Bad decision. I purchased it in 3/18 and have not flown it since. Have purchased and installed two brand new heads and new rings. This was done with the oversight of AL who has had a beautiful mid-wing Sonerai for 30 years based at South Lakeland airport. His expertise has been invaluable. We have ran the engine twice and everything looks good. The next step is fiberglass the lower cowl for the proper cooling. Al has been gracious and has given me his original wooden prop which is on the aircraft now. I will give the ground adjustable prop a Warp Drive prop installed 8/93 in the sale. He said he got 3000rpm static in the log(1414th flight). I am not afraid of the a/c, I'm 72 and reaction time is a little slower and I am too tall. If I do complete the Sonerai I may fly it again without the bottom seat cushion. It is a ball in the air. Basically needs cowl work and I believe you will have a good flyer. Has a transponder and ELT. I have 11k$ in it at this point. I will be open to offers. Harry McKay 813-610-8226

Attachments

Latest posts