• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sonerai Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bravo!

This is my new favorite Sonerai video. Very well done. And its nice to know that a 2LS can indeed "haul the mail".

Tom

very nice, looks like it was hauling pretty good even at the landing. Looked like it was handling very nicely.

Dave

This makes me want to go flying! Nice work!

Thats a great looking and flying airplane. What kind of prop are you using ? Did you have to do much engineering to go with the uls ? The tail surfaces look to be stock. Did you have to raise the thrust line any ? How many gallons is the aux tank ? Full of questions arn't I . :)

Wow... The prop is the Woodcomp S 3000( http://www.woodcomp.cz) , constant speed by Flybox (http://www.flyboxavionics.it/).
To install Rotax engine i added 2 new point for attack the engine mount (similar to rotax ring mount).The thrust line is the same to wv engine. The rotaxinstallation is lower than wv for gearbox. Main tank is the REAR tank 45 l- 11.9 gal. the aux tank is the standard Sonerai tank.

Any performance numbers you can share with us ? When did you start to build it and how long did it take you ? :)

Yes the elevator and rudder are as plans draw.

I built the aircraft in 6 months (6/12 PM)

performance : take off 180-200 m solo pilot ad 75 lt (full) fuel
landing 220m
rate of climb 1800 ft/m at75 kts circa
cruise speed 135 kts @ 5000rpm MAP 25 - 15 lt x h
I've just 4 hours of flight.... 8)

Wow ! :eek: 6 months ! 6 pm to 12pm ? Where do you get the energy ? Are you an airplane engineer / builder by trade ? Thats very impressive in my books. :p

Back