• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Tom's build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3480h1

Sonerai IILS (Stretch Limo Version ;D)
Engine: VW 2287, 92 jugs x 86 stroke, Arp Race Rods, SU HS-4 Carb, composite intake, and other tweaks ala mon ami, Gaston.
Airframe: Built to plans except +2" turtledeck and +3" vertical stab and rudder. In-flight adjustable horizontal stabilizer.
Full Electric System, dual ignition, starter, alternator, big orange ELT, custom combination LED wingtip recognition/tail/strobe lights.
Instruments, Steam: Compass, ASI, ROC, G-Meter, Tach, Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature, Dual CHT, Dual EGT, Hobbs, Manifold Pressure, Direct Reading Fuel w/ LED backlighting, skidball.
Secondary Panel (Pilot's position): All electrical switches and breakers, Combination digital Voltmeter/Clock/Intake Temperature, integrated Icom A-24, GPS, ELT remote Switch, Two place VOX operated intercom. No coffee maker yet, but I'm working on it.
Aircraft has floors, seat pans, baggage deck and both panels fabricated in autoclaved carbon fiber. Cable controlled NACA vents on both sides of the canopy skirt. Canopy is mounted backwards from the conventional method. Seats are genuine Chinabeast leather with 5 point harnesses.

Time in build process: Don't want to know. Cash expended: I have all the receipts, but I really don't want to know that either. Projected 1st flight: late 2013.

Back