• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

wing mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The short answer is no. The A-wing modification was originally designed only for the Sonerai II. The Formula V racing group made it mandatory for anyone who wanted to race a Sonerai I in their sanctioned races, but for the average pilot who is just flying for fun, it is not necessary.

The short answer is no. The A-wing modification was originally designed only for the Sonerai II. The Formula V racing group made it mandatory for anyone who wanted to race a Sonerai I in their sanctioned races, but for the average pilot who is just flying for fun, it is not necessary.
T

I can't find a manual on accepted maneuvers...I read the 1 is stressed for +6-3. i assume loops and rolls acceptable (minding downhill speed) ?

My original Sonerai owners manual states that the Sonerai I is rated at +/-6 g’s at 750 lbs gross weight. Aerobatic maneuvers listed in the manual were chandelles, lazy eights, steep turns, spins, loops, aileron rolls, barrel rolls, and stalls (except whip stalls). So, no snap maneuvers.

You have been more than kind and helpful. This is a great site/forum
Best,
Falkner

Back