• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wing rib form block question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMartin

It's me again and I hope I'm not being a pain in the rear.
I'm designing the forming block to be cut out with my cnc router.
I did as the plans said and reduced the airfoil by .050" top and bottom to allow for the wing skin and flange.
But, what about the front and rear? Does that not need to be reduced by .025" on each end for the attachment tabs?
I downloaded the dxf file on here for the forms but that one also is 15" front to rear for the front rib without the .025" reduction.
Thanks again.

Back